CPSU is the biggest union in the country representing low paid workers, most of them in the public sector. Plus it offers a wide range of financial and other benefits, and a great support structure when you need it in the workplace.
Here’s 10 great reasons to join the CPSU:
- There’s strength in numbers. High levels of membership means the union’s voice is stronger
- Know your rights. Contact the MIRU (Membership Information and Rights Unit) for any queries on individual rights
- Save money. CPSU offers their members a number of financial benefits. . MORE
- Campaign for equality. CPSU has a long history of taking equality cases on behalf of our members e.g. Garda Equal Pay case
- Be informed. Through the Aontas magazine, social media channels and written circulars members are kept informed of the latest developments.
- Don’t be bullied. MIRU can answer any questions you may have about bullying and harassment in the workplace. MORE
- Have your voice heard at the top table. The CPSU negotiates on Pay, Pensions and Conditions with Government and other employers.
- Help with transfers. Members can apply for head-to-head transfers through the Aontas magazine.
- Get valuable assistance in difficult times. If you lose a close family member, the union has a special mortality benefit,and can help with funeral expenses etc. MORE
- Solidarity. Being part of a trade union is an expression of solidarity with your work colleagues and with other union members in Ireland and internationally.